We offer workshops and individual tuition
How to stay safe online
We offer you an overview of cyber dangers and cyber attacks and introduce you to the major classes of cyber weapons:
- Viruses – e.g. Trojans and worms
- Distributed Denial of Service (such as the 2016 Australian census website)
You will be given an understanding of how to avoid these threats in an easy to learn, comfortably paced way to suit your learning style.
We will also briefly touch upon national and State involvement in cyber attacks and the looming threat of cyber attack from terrorist organizations.
To stay safe online please contact us.
Staying safe on social media
This course is available for those people who already are active on social media. You will learn to recognise what to ‘click’ and what not to ‘click.’ You will also learn about what it means when you:
- Like ‘Sponsored’ pages
- Like or comment on a post (by someone you know)
- Like or comment on a post (by someone you don’t know)
- Knowing what to do if you are ‘hacked’
To find out more about this course please contact us.
Learning about social media
This course will help you find the right social media for you to connect with family, friends and business associates. We will discuss the benefits and pitfalls of:
Sign up to this course by emailing us with your interest.
Please note: we will give advice about other social media as requested but this course is designed to help you determine what your best social media experience will be. This is a course for individuals as well as business owners.
Emails – phishing, sounds like fishing!
Learn about prevention rather than protection! Take the money you’re spending on protection (your virus software) and begin to understand how to detect and respond to phishing emails. Phishing is when you are asked for your personal details by a fake website pretending to be a business or someone you know.
- Website content
- Social media content
- Internal and external communications
- Employment communications
- Includes legislative requirements in the following: change management strategies, change process communications, employee relations communications, recruitment, and redundancies
I can also assist with recruitment letters or emails, policies and resumes.
Sorry, there are no prices on this page which I know is annoying. Instead, if you contact me, I will email you a template to complete then we can provide you with a full quote or proposal based on what you write in the template.
Depending on what you need, the quote will include:
- Workshop prices
- Individual tuition
- Any necessary meetings, phone or Skype calls.
- Research and reading.
- Creating content for the agreed number of pages or processes.
- Two rounds of revisions with your input.
For large projects, I will provide you with a fixed price. This means you’ll know from the outset what your project is going to cost so there won’t be any nasty surprises. Oh, and I will always ask for a deposit to secure your booking.
If you have the time please check out these helpful tips for using Swoose Goose. Enjoy!